Pie Crust:Makes 8 or 9 inch crust
2/3 cup coconut flour
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup arrowroot
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbs apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup softened coconut oil (unrefined)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbs Stevia extract (or pure maple/honey)
1. In a small separate bowl, whisk the apple cider vinegar with the eggs (you can sub "flax eggs" by combining 6 tbs ground flax seed with warm water and set aside until it comes to a gel like consistency) until frothy.
2. Mix dry ingredients together in a food processor or mixing bowl. Add wet ingredients, including eggs (or flax mixture) and mix well. The result will be a thick crumbly dough-like consistency.
3. Use extra coconut oil to grease a 8 or 9-inch pie dish. Crumble the dough evenly over the pie dish. You will not roll out the dough with a rolling pin like traditional crusts. You will have to press the dough into the crust so it forms the pie dish shape.
4. Take a fork and puncture the crust a few times to avoid bubbling. Heat the oven to 350° and lightly pre-cook the crust for about 5-7 minutes.
5. Now you are ready to use your crust for pumpkin pie, pecan pie or any other treat you want to make!
Pie Filling:(1) 15oz can of Pumpkin puree
1/3 cup of pure apple juice (no sugar added!)
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tbs pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, clove, ginger)
5 oz of pure maple or 1 tbs pure stevia extract
Bake 425 F for 15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown all over.
Cool for 15-20 min before serving =)