Sunday, May 4, 2014

Whipped Cauliflower (faux potatoes)

My favorite part of any family meal used to be mashed potatoes. The high starch value of potatoes just kills my stomach and isn't Slenderiiz approved. My go to comfort food now is the whipped cauliflower! So good you barely miss the potatoes ;)

Yes that's cauliflower not potato!



Ready to get started?

Ingredients
32 oz frozen cauliflower
1 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbs crushed garlic
1/4-1/2 cup unsweetend coconut milk

Instructions
In a stew pot add all the ingredients (yes it's that easy!), cover with a lid and heat up on medium high heat (my stove has this as 6 out of 10). Stir semi frequently and add small splashes of unsweetened coconut milk if the liquid completely evaporates before the cauliflower is mashable with a manual masher/fork. If you like chunky potatoes then mash by hand. If you want light and airy then blend away! I use my Ninja on high and crack the little pour spout cover a little to make sure the seal doesn't pop from pressure. If you have a hand mixer you can use that too but be careful not to burn you self!

I like to top my light and airy cauliflower with a pinch of sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Also super yummy with your favorite gravy recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment